Table of Content
WhatsApp is one of the most used apps all over the world that is owned by Facebook. It is used by 1.5 billion people around the globe. It is one of the most private apps because only the person you are communicating with can read the chats that you are sending. When anyone buys a new phone, WhatsApp is the very first app they download to their phones. It has become one of the most used apps for chatting with friends and family. People have stopped using the simple text feature rather they prefer free WhatsApp texts. It allows the users to send and receive free chats, GIFS, emojis, videos, pictures, and documents at the same time.
WhatsApp has made everything very convenient for us. We can also make calls either video or audio without even paying a penny for it. Moreover, WhatsApp avails you with the facility to save all the media files to your phone gallery automatically, that includes pictures, videos, GIFS, etc. Sometimes we do not want to save everything in our phone gallery as it takes a lot of storage of our phones. In this article, we will let you know about how you can stop the auto-saving of pictures and videos on your phones Android and iPhone. Just keep reading to know about how you can stop to save pictures in the gallery of your phone.
How To Prevent Auto-Saving Off Different Types Of Media On Whatsapp In Iphone
You can turn off the auto-saving mode to stop all types of media from getting downloaded to your iPhone on Whatsapp. Here are the steps that can help you to stop.
- Open the app of your WhatsApp
- Tap on the Settings icon present on the bottom right of your screen
- Now tap on the option of Data and Storage Usage
- A menu will appear and you will see the option of Media Auto-Download on top
- For stopping the autosave of photos, videos, and documents, tap on the option of Never
Now you know how you can stop saving pictures and other media on your phone gallery. When you turn off the auto-saving feature, every media will appear in your chats and if you want to download it to your phone then you have to download it manually one by one. You can also stop the videos and photos from saving on your phone from the camera roll. All you need to do is just open the settings menu, tap on the option of Save to Camera Roll, and just turn it off. This helps to stop all media from appearing in your phone’s camera roll and also from taking up your phone’s storage.
How To Stop Auto-Saving Of Media Of One Chat Or Group
If you don’t want to stop all your media from auto-downloading you can just stop the most annoying chat or group that sends most of the media that include pictures and videos. To prevent autosave of pictures and videos to your photos of phone you can just follow these steps and you are all done.
- Open the app of WhatsApp
- Tap on the person or group whose autosave media you want to stop
- Click on the name of the person or group
- Scroll down the screen and you will see an option named save to camera roll
- Tap it and three options will appear
- Choose the option Never
How To Prevent Auto-Saving Of All Types Of Media On Whatsapp For Android Phones
WhatsApp for Android phones has a little different feature as compared with the features of WhatsApp on iPhone. In Androids WhatsApp has three dots on its main window for selecting the options of settings etc. The steps to turn off the auto-saving of media on WhatsApp in Android devices are listed below.
- Open your WhatsApp, keep in mind that you are on the main window where your all chats appear
- Tap on the three vertical dots on the top right of your screen
- Choose the option of Settings
- Now tap on the Chat Settings then the option of Media Auto-Download
- Three options will appear on your screen: When using cellular data, when connected on Wi-Fi, and When roaming. Tap on each option and disable auto-downloads by unchecking all options- images, videos, and audio.
However, to view photos your friends have sent you, you have to download them. When you download them, WhatsApp saves them in a folder that is named media in the chats.
How To Prevent The Media Files From One Chat Or Group In Android
To stop auto-saving media from one irritating friend of yours or any group that forward a lot of memes, pictures, and videos that bothers you a lot and occupies a lot of memory of your phone. Here is what you need to do. Just follow these easy and quick steps.
- Open the chat or group you want to stop the auto-saving of
- Tap on the three dots present on the top right corner
- Tap on “View Contact”
- At the bottom, there would be an option of “Media Visibility”
- Turn it off to “No”
We tried our best to guide you with each step that can help you to stop WhatsApp from auto-saving pictures, videos, and other media to your phone’s gallery. We hope that this article remained helpful for you and now you know how you can prevent media from auto-saving photos, and other media in your phone from WhatsApp chats. We expect you enjoyed the article and if there are any problems or other questions regarding this article, please feel free to let us know in the comments.